Training at Alert Level 2
May 13, 2020
To our valued members,
During NZ’s Alert Level 2, we will be running open mat / drilling sessions for a maximum of 10 people per session at Axis HQ.
Using our Open Mat Register Form, we ask our members to be considerate of others and choose a maximum of 3 preferred session times to ensure that as many members as possible get a chance to train during this period.
COVID-19 regulations are developing relatively frequently, and we are staying up to date with the latest rules and procedures that we, and our members need to follow. Please have a read of the NZ Jiu Jitsu Federation (NZJJF)’s Training at Alert Level 2 Policy. We have outlined the main points below:
- All members attending Axis will need to sign in once arriving for contact tracing purposes.
- If possible try and keep the same schedule as partners in your “training bubble”. We will leave this to you to organise among yourselves.
- Once your training session is complete we ask you to exit Axis as quickly as possible to ensure cleaning can be completed before the next session.
- Stay home if you are sick, and inform us prior if you are unable to make your booked session. Please self-isolate and get tested immediately if you are experiencing any symptoms.
- Members must bring their own personal equipment and wear a fresh uniform to the gym. Bring only what you need – essential items only. Avoid using or bringing mobile phones or electronic devices during training, if you must bring one to training, ensure you clean phone with disinfectant wipe before and after training.
- No loan gi’s will be available during this period. Please bring your own (clean) gi.
- Maintain short fingernails and adhere to the Axis hygiene policy displayed on the wall.
- Before training wash hands and forearms down to elbow for 20-30 seconds duration and dry. Use soap and water handwash or +60% alcohol hand gel or wipes.
- During training use alcohol hand gel before and after using towels or water bottle and before training with partners. Avoid touching your face or your partner’s face. Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
- After training wash hands and forearms down to elbow for 20-30 seconds duration and dry.
- Although this is not mandated in National Guidance for Sport practice at Alert Level 2 a face mask may be worn, but anyone who chooses to do so, should do it safely.
- Please maintain a 2 metre distance between training bubbles.
- Spectators should be kept to a bare minimum and spectators must maintain physical distancing of 2 metres.
- Training intensity: Light – moderate training sessions up to 60% of max intensity. Not recommended beyond 80 % of peak intensity (due to post-training immune drop and increased aerosol generation effect). No 100% intensity rolling to reduce risk of injury and droplet spread.
- The NZJJF recommends to avoid techniques focused around the head and neck to help reduce the risk of droplet spread.
- Members with family or partners having a health condition in the “highest risk group” and who live with them; may want avoid training until we step down to level 1.
- Axis will be adhering to strict cleaning and disinfecting guidelines for all mats, surfaces and touch points.
Kids classes are on hold for the time being. We will keep you updated as best we can as the guidelines evolve. If you have any questions queries or just want to touch base, please contact us directly.